1.05.2010

For the good of those who love Him...


Happy 2010! It's hard to believe how quickly the past decade has gone by! I've finished High school, finished College, started my career and so much more! I've traveled to places near and far, met some amazing people, flew, cruised, drove, walked, and ran! I've laughed, cried, been happy, been sad, but luckily smiled more than anything! I've felt lost, but most importantly, I've been found by the grace of God. 2009 Was one of the most exciting years I've ever had for many reasons but the most important and significant being the awesome spiritual journey God has led me on!

Early in 2009 I visited Center Point Church. I had driven by the building more times than I can count and was very curious about it. I felt the Holy Spirit's presence there, and have never felt more welcomed at a new church! I really felt God showing me this was the place for me to grow in Him! Fast forward to mid-summer 2009, the area director of Young Life, spoke at center point about their need for new Young Life leaders at a local middle school. My heart immediately leapt at the idea of serving the very ministry that had changed my life so much at the beginning of the decade! I prayed for weeks about the idea of giving up a big portion of my free time to hang out with kids and share the love of Christ with them. I was scared to death at the thought that God could actually think I was equipped for this! Finally realizing that this life is not my own, and following God's command to serve him, and people, "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms." - 1 Peter 4:10, I jumped in head first as a volunteer Young Life leader!

Thankfully, as always, God had worked out the details. The school where I'd be leading was the same middle school were one of my best friend was teaching, so I already knew several teachers and staff members, and it was also the school where Center Point's pastor's children went. Along with the opportunity to serve God and share my life with awesome middle schoolers came a huge community of young Christians to walk and serve with! My life has been turned upside down! I've replaced relaxing at home with middle school football games, and lounging around on my lunch hour with spending time in the middle school cafeteria! I wouldn't want it any other way!

I am constantly amazed at God's power and the fact that he ALWAYS keeps his promises to us. I am reminded of Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,who have been called according to his purpose." The past decade has been a clear picture of this in my life. From attending Young Life clubs as a 16 year old, and giving my heart to Christ one evening at a Young Life camp, then struggling through my early 20's only to discover that I cannot write a better life story for myself that God can. And Finally opening my heart back up to the one who formed it for his purpose and serving the ministry that lead me to Jesus Christ ten years earlier. I am in awe of the power of our Lord and Savior!

I pray everyone has an exciting and blessed new year! I personally can't wait to see where I'll be in 2011, or even 2020! There's nothing better than realizing that the author and perfecter of life has written each or our life stories, and woven us into His plan! We all have the opportunity to change history if we seek God's will, and quietly wait for his wisdom and guidance!

No comments:

Post a Comment