2.05.2010

My heart is spoken for.

How can it be February already? Time just goes by so quickly, when you're busy! Soon it will be Valentine's, and that means lots of yummy goodies, pink stuff, and l - o - v -e!

I've never really minded Valentine's day, but really always minded the pressure I felt to have a Valentine...how silly! I can remember one of my first Valentine's, around age 16, I just about DIED when he brought a card and gift to me at the mall, where I worked. How embarrassing! Since then I've spent most of my Valentine's days wondering where my Prince Charming was. The whole thing is really ridiculous because this holiday is completely made up as a revenue booster for the card and candy industry (or by the devil to make single people feel inadequate), so it really shouldn't effect any one's mood! So this year I'm being completely intentional with my feelings on Valentine's day. I am blessed beyond measure and l-o-v-e-d more than my mind can comprehend. I'm done kissing frogs, my heart is finally spoken for by my Prince charming, Jesus! He's pursued me, snatched my heart, and he has it forever!


With no pressure or worry about my own heart anymore, I hope to find some time before V-day to make some special treats for the ones I love! I plan on making some time to get crafty and also to bake...two of my favorite things!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad i got to spend valentines day with you :) love lots!

    ReplyDelete