12.29.2009

Crazy, Runnin', Fool.

I've lost my mind! I've decided (well about 89% sure) to participate in Lexington's first half marathon! 13.1 Miles BABY! ouch...that's gonna hurt! I've never run further that a few miles, so at the moment, 13 seems pretty HUGE! But, like everything else, one step (stride) at a time. Any time something is scary and seems impossible, it's usally a good idea to shut up and go ahead and do it!
About two years ago, I decided that I was going to loose 60 pounds! I was tired of being overweight and wanted to change my life! I wasn't sure if I could do it. But, I started with a step into the gym and the most determination I'd ever had! The first week I lost two pounds...and I couldn't believe it!!! Could it be true, diet and exercise really DO work?! Those first few weeks were tough, but so exciting! Here's a picture of me when I started.
Within a year I had reached my goal! I had lots of fun buying new clothes and shocking old friends with the new me!

That whole experience really proved to me that I could do ANYTHING I put my mind to! This is how I've come to the decision to run 13.1 miles on March 28th! I have about 12 weeks to train for the race. Training begins January 4th! I'm scared to death, but so ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment